Balochistan High Court is comparatively a newer High Court than those in other provinces. Prior to the establishment of the High Court of West Pakistan on the 14th of October 1955, justice was administered by a Judicial Commissioner. It was dissolved on the 1st of July 1970, and a joint High Court for the provinces of Sindh and Balochistan was established, which remained and continued to serve the two provinces until the 30th of November 1976. Thereafter, separate high courts were established for each of the two provinces.
The High Court of Balochistan was established on the 1st of December 1976, and honourable Justice Khuda Bakhsh Marri presided as Chief Justice, with Justice M. A. Rasheed and Justice Zakaullah Lodhi as High Court judges. The strength of the organization in the first decade was of five judges. Today it stands at eleven judges.
The High Court was initially established in the present day Sessions Court building situated on Zarghoon Road. The construction of a new building in 1993, the High Court shift to the present building which is on Hali Road.
The High Court complex took seven years in building. Work began in 1987 and was completed in 1993. The High Court complex includes an area of 5.03 acres (219107 sq. ft.). The total covered area is 1, 15,371 sq. ft which includes ground floor, first floor, mezzanine, podium arcade, ancillary blocks and frill area.