The Sessions Division Kalat has been functioning since the 1st of July, 1957. Mr. Sarfaraz Khan was pioneer to the chain of District & Sessions Judges Kalat at Mastung. The inception work started in a rented building of the Local Government, on the 13th of June, 1984. The court was later shifted to judicial quarters situated in the main city of Mastung. The present complex was erected on the 24th of August, 1991.