Nasirabad is a district in the centre-west of Balochistan, Pakistan. Nasirabad's headquarters are at Dera Murad Jamali. Its original name was Temple Dera, named after Captain H. M. Temple, a career British civil servant, who served as the Political Agent for Sibi from 1891 to 1892. Among the local population it is still known as 'Tipul', a corruption of the word 'temple'. The District was notified in 1974. For three years, from July 1987 to December 1990, it was known as Tamboo District. Tamboo is a small village 40 km west of Dera Murad Jamali. The district has two sub-divisions, D.M. Jamali and Chattar.